Tucked away in the rolling hills of Maryland, Old Westminster Winery is a beautiful backdrop for your dream wedding. Located only an hour from Annapolis, Baltimore, Gettysburg and Washington D.C., the facilities sit on 3 acres overlooking beautiful vineyard and farmland. The tasting room is characterized by its rustic charm, spacious format and string light ambiance. We host stunning weddings year round and our space has been designed for effortless celebrations, small or large – offering everything needed to host an intimate wedding for 50 guests or the perfect setting for up to 150 guests.
Situated to amplify the peaceful magnitude and beautiful sunsets, our two ceremony sites are thoughtfully chosen to compliment your perfect day. We provide timeless white folding chairs for up to 150 guests. Ceremonies are ideal at the golden hour and may begin at 5:30 p.m. or later.
THE TASTING ROOM
Our Tasting Room is available throughout the evening, creating a relaxing indoor space with beautiful views for guests. The Tasting Room features cocktail style & café seating around handcrafted farm tables and a large bar crafted from a 200-year-old white oak tree. The Tasting Room is also a wonderful arrival space, additional bar use, and a great setting for cocktail hour.
A vaulted high-peak tent with a spacious floor plan and string light ambiance creates a romantic scenery for dinner, dancing, and entertainment. The tent site is perfectly manicured and equipped with electricity, reception chairs, and a dance floor. The seating space beautifully accommodates up to 150 guests. For your unique touch - reception tables and place settings are not included.
We would love to connect with you! Fill out the inquiry form at the bottom of this page.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: What is the timing for my wedding?
- A five-hour rental time is 5:00p.m. - 10:00p.m.; a four-hour rental time is 6:00p.m. - 10:00p.m.
- The Tasting Room is open to the public until 5:00 p.m., Saturday - Sunday. Your exclusive use begins at 5:30p.m.
Q: What time can my guests arrive.?
- Your guests are welcome to arrive at the start of your rental time - either 5:00 p.m. or 6:00p.m.
- Please note our Tasting Room is open to the public until 5:00 p.m. Your exclusive use of Old Westminster Winery begins at 5:30 p.m.
Q: How much time is allowed for set-up and break-down?
- Day of set-up time for the ceremony and reception space begins at 9:00 a.m.
- Tasting Room access begins at 5:00p.m. Your exclusive use of the tasting room begins at 5:30p.m.
- Guest departure and clean-up is promptly at 10:00 p.m. the evening of your event.
- All items must be removed / picked-up by 10:00 a.m. the morning after your event. A fee will be applied if this is not honored.
Q: What is the timing for a ceremony rehearsal?
- Rehearsals can be hosted on the Thursday afternoon or Friday morning before your wedding. All rehearsals must be completed by 4:00 p.m.
Q: What type of music is permitted?
- The tasting room is equipped with a commercial grade indoor/outdoor sound system.
- The reception space and tasting room accommodate DJs and live music. Amplified music is restricted to inside these spaces.
- Ceremonies may also have speaker systems for appropriate voice and music accommodations.
- Amplified music must apply within the Carroll County sound ordinance level and must be turned off and guest departure by 10:00 p.m.
Q: What type of decorations are allowed?
- Decorations are always encouraged! These include but are not limited to - flowers, free-standing items such as accent furniture pieces, photos, candles, and lighting.
- We do not allow anything to be fixed to walls or the building. If you decide to use candles, we require them to be in a container to prevent wax spills and damage. We do not allow confetti or glitter.
- Send off glow sticks and sparklers are welcomed; a designated lighting area and disposal is required. We do not allow wish lanterns or balloon releases.
Q: Do you have a designated area for getting ready?
- We do not have a bridal suite or grooms suite.
- A multi-purpose Lounge Tent is available for an additional cost. This 15x15 high peak tent with sides, couches & lighting can be used for a pre-ceremony bridal space, quick changing room, photo booth, and/or additional reception lounge seating.
We offer a list of recommended vendors & the freedom of choice. Beyond the quaint country ambiance and delicious wines, what truly sets Old Westminster Winery apart is our creative local partnerships. Your guests can enjoy an abundance of locally sourced provisions and innovative cuisine, all prepared and presented specifically for your needs.
BOOK YOUR WEDDING
Our team is ready to help host your dream wedding! To get started, please give us some initial details on this inquiry form – such as the date, number of guests & style of your event. Please expect a response within 2 business days. You may also download our brochure for more overview details.